MAHNOMEN PHOTO CLUB CAMP July 30- Aug 2, 2018
Youth Photo Camp (6th-8th) will be held at the White Earth Tribal and Community College Extension Service Office, 2250 College Road. The Photo Camp is an opportunity for youth to point a lens to the world around them. This is a collaborative project between Mahnomen 4-H program and WETCC Extension.
If interested please call Gerry Swiers (4-H): 218-935-2226 or Tammy Bellanger (WETCC Extension): 218-935-0417 Ext 213
them, connect with each other and the outdoors. The project is a collaborative project of the White Earth Tribal and Community College Extension Service and the University of MN, 4-H, Mahnomen Office.
- Rules of composition
- Basic photo editing and formatting; such as cropping, filter effects, and how to print their pictures in different sizes.
- Two local photographers, Joseph Allen, from Gizhiigin Arts Incubator) and Rebecca Dallinger, from WETCC Extension, were brought in to talk about what a photographer does, what gear they use, displaying/publishing their work, and about different career possibilities.
- Field Trips: two local business Jantiques-learned how to make a matte for photos and create their own. At Thrifty White Durstore , students learned how to print their pictures at the Kodak kiosk from their flash drives.
- At the Tamarac Wildlife Refuge, students gained insight into the September Tamarac photography contest, viewed previous winners’ pictures and took pictures of their own while at the refuge.
- Health and Nutrition activities; students cooked their own meals, breads and were encouraged to taste what the Community garden had to offer.